Kb2538242 Says Installed Successfully
Back to top #13 nate302 nate302 Members 30 posts OFFLINE Local time:11:05 AM Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:30 PM Ok, thanks , here is whats installed , i just Edited by herbman, 11 March 2015 - 07:25 PM. Use Fixit 50202 to reset Windows Update Components: How do I reset Windows Update components? If you are having issues with installing the update itself, visit Support for Microsoft Update for resources and tools to keep your PC updated with the latest updates. his comment is here
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Your name or email address: Do you already have an account? I see a lot of history in the forums from years 2011 and 2012 about this update loading over and over. Kindly read the following article before download: It is important! I am offered 3 different versions of the fix when I attempt to install by hand,there is NOTHING in the log or history to indicate which I should use.
Windows 10 Update Keeps Installing The Same Updates Over And Over
Don't know why the internet explorer updates are not showing here . But when I click on any IE... As you can see , the only thing that has worked to avoid constant update reminders was to download (two) identical updates and you can see the readiness tool is there
- or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
- Thank you Edited by herbman, 11 March 2015 - 11:41 AM.
- Binary Version 6.1.7601.22471 Package Version 26.0 2015-03-11 19:32 Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages
- Windows 7 (x86):http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=181491 Windows 7 (x64):http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=181492 Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64 Only):http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=181494 For Windows 8 or Server 2012/R2:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821 Furthermore, it might not be a bad idea to dig through
- I also chose to hide the update.
- Useful Searches Recent Posts Menu Forums Forums Quick Links Search Forums Recent Posts Members Members Quick Links Notable Members Current Visitors Recent Activity New Profile Posts News Tutorials Malware Help Malware
- Thursday, June 16, 2011 6:38 PM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote I have exactly the same problem.
- Site Changelog Community Forum Software by IP.Board Sign In Use Facebook Use Twitter Need an account?
- Cheers. #19 Spawn, Oct 24, 2011 Umbra Level 61 Trusted Joined: May 16, 2011 Messages: 14,325 Likes Received: 15,559 OS: Windows 10 maybe there: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=26368 #20 Umbra, Oct 24,
- Quick Tip Without meaning to, you may click a link that installs malware on your computer.
Reply 0 0 DavidPK Provost Posts: 44,104 Member Since: 09-24-2010 Message 6 of 7 (2,193 Views) Report Inappropriate Content Re: Same Security Update, KB2538242, installs each time I close down. I have installed (or so the Update History page tells me) IE 9 (Win 7 Home Ed 64-bit). Have you resolved the issue? Windows Update Keeps Installing The Same Updates Over And Over Oh, i actually have both explorer updates installed twice , see the other (KB3032359) down near the bottom?
The two are Internet Explorer 11 updates KB3021952 and KB3032359 Any ideas as to why ? Kb3119142 Download AtlBo replied Jan 11, 2017 at 11:55 AM Loading... My question is, is this OK or should i continue to try and figure it out. If a machine fails on either stage of "applying" updates, WUAUSERV may not always be aware.
There are guides as to this. Windows 7 Keeps Installing Same Updates Over And Over Windows 7 Help Forums Windows 7 help and support Windows Updates & Activation » User Name Remember Me? Back to top BC AdBot (Login to Remove) BleepingComputer.com Register to remove ads #2 FreeBooter FreeBooter Members 2,298 posts OFFLINE Gender:Male Location:Turkey - Adana Local time:09:05 PM Posted 11 Type Shutdown /r /t 2 press Enter key to restart your computer and after login to Windows check and install updates if needed.
However, it would install correctly; but, would still appear as it needs to be downloaded. I am not that literate about computers. Windows 10 Update Keeps Installing The Same Updates Over And Over If it does not, my twin brother did it. Windows 10 Keeps Reinstalling Itself Thanks for your willingness to help.
Back to top #5 nate302 nate302 Members 30 posts OFFLINE Local time:11:05 AM Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:39 PM Keep in mind that while viewing your list of Windows Plugged it in and little notification popped up saying device driver not successfully installed. Friday, June 17, 2011 1:14 AM Reply | Quote 1 Sign in to vote Well, I check my so call downloaded updates, it did say that it was sucessfully downloaded, but http://docsintime.com/windows-10/wiped-re-installed-win-on-asus-notebook-win-7-product-key-blocked.html Edited by herbman, 11 March 2015 - 09:06 PM.
Back to top #6 herbman herbman Topic Starter Members 379 posts OFFLINE Local time:01:05 PM Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:16 PM Thank you , appreciate it . Windows 10 Keeps Updating I am going to do just this in the morning. Thanks Ioannis!
To diagnose this and fix this, I'd recommend running the Windows update readiness tool.
This has worked for me on just about every failed or multiple install patch from microsoft.Student Friday, June 17, 2011 3:04 PM Reply | Quote 1 Sign in to vote I Update type: Important A security issue has been identified leading to MFC application vulnerability in DLL planting due to MFC not specifying the full path to system/localization DLLs. Wow some more updates from Micro$oft that brick peoples computers. Windows 10 Update Keeps Restarting I hope this make sense.
He advised me that KB2538242 is defective and will be replaced in two weeks. Bo #6 Ramblin, Jun 17, 2011 Umbra Level 61 Trusted Joined: May 16, 2011 Messages: 14,325 Likes Received: 15,559 OS: Windows 10 RE: 2 Failing Windows Updates? Options Mark as New Bookmark Subscribe Subscribe to RSS Feed Highlight Print Email to a Friend Report Inappropriate Content 06-24-2011 10:34 AM Hi,If the update is showing as installed when you check over here Reboot computer, Windows will reported Full updated.
Yes, my password is: Forgot your password? x64)version, I hope it works - but because it erroniously shows "successful",I'll have to reboot to see if it did work. ?? Done. Now I see that it was to be fixed after June 17??
Installation & Setup Windows 7 SP1 successfully installed!Dear friends, I wish to share with you a good news! i guess! I have installed it 4 times. Back to top Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 Next » Back to Windows 7 1 user(s) are reading this topic 0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users Reply to
I can't figure out what to do. Type rd /s /q C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution press Enter key. wish you the best of luck #13 Guest28, Jun 21, 2011 gringofck New Member Joined: Jul 1, 2011 Messages: 1 Likes Received: 0 I installed this update on June 30....then Where's MicroSoft when you need them?
Going to skip these updates for now. #12 Spawn, Jun 21, 2011 Guest28 Guest That's to bad storm i hope this update is fixed for you.